Sunday, January 18, 2015

AND HERE IS MY LAST SAY ON THIS SPACE

I have been writing this commentary twice a week for the past year and half. In all, a total of one-hundred and fifty articles have appeared on www.blogspot.com and on www.wordpress.com. - two of the world's premier blogging platforms.

The commentaries, released without fail every Monday and Thursday morning, have dealt largely on political events in Kenya. But I have also written on other subjects touching on the welfare of Kenyans.

During this short period of time, my articles have reached readers in North America, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and of course Africa - in a total of seventy-eight countries altogether, according to wordpress statistics.

In addition, news outlets, among them, the Coast This Week; and online magazines, the 4th Estate Wire, and the globally-distributed Tuck, have re-published my articles from time to time.

In its annual summary of activity earlier this year, worldpress had some flattering remarks about my blog:

"A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed 6,000 times in 2014. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 5 trips to carry that many people."

And that was for a period of only one year, from only one blog.

The most popular commentary appeared on November 7, headlined, Kenyan Uniformed Personnel Deserve Better, in Life and in Death. It received an amazing 790 hits in a matter of a few hours. It was followed closely in ranking by: Is Poison the New Bullet,? in February, and: Why Kenya Has Become a Haven for International Drug Lords, in August.

I thank all of you who have cared to follow me week in week out. Through your positive comments I was encouraged; and through your criticisms I matured.

This is the last time you will be reading my commentaries on this space. I have decided to retire my blog pen to concentrate on other writing assignments. I am currently writing my third book after the successful release of the Politics of Betrayal in 2011 and Dash Before Dusk in 2014.

The new project requires much more of my time than any other.

I am happy to say after the hustles of politics, I have found happiness and satisfaction in full-time writing.

Let me also thank blogspot and wordpress for giving the world a platform through which people can express themselves freely.

I hope those left behind will continue to write, but write wisely and responsibly.

And that is my last say on this space.


No comments:

Post a Comment